Wed, Nov 09|
Country Inn by Radisson
Training of Facilitators
Training of Facilitators is a training for CASA staff who administer the pre-services volunteer training.
Time & Location
Nov 09, 2022, 8:00 AM – Nov 11, 2022, 12:00 PM
Country Inn by Radisson, 130 Holiday Blvd, Covington, LA 70433, USA
About the event
Volunteers are the lifeblood of CASA programs and the foundation of the CASA programs’ core model for advocacy. One of the greatest impacts you will have in preparing your volunteer for this vital and challenging work is through pre-service training.
This opportunity must be performed by a trained and prepared facilitator who can create a safe and engaging environment in which your advocates can share and learn. CASA training facilitators can prepare to lead new volunteer training by attending a course from a master facilitator appointed by your state organization.
This TOF training will be held November 9th-11th, 2022 in Covington, Louisiana. Louisiana CASA will cover the cost of meals and hotel rooms for up to 15 participants.
- The grant secured by Louisiana CASA covers the nights of November 8th, 9th, and 10th. Check out is on November 11th.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided by Louisiana CASA for the full days of the training (November 9th & 10th) and breakfast will be provided for the half day training (November 11th).
The TOF Training Schedule:
- Wednesday, November 9th - 8:00AM - 4:00PM
- Thursday, November 10th - 8:00AM - 4:00PM
- Friday, November 11th - 8:00AM - 12:00PM
Cynthia Chauvin, Executive Director for CASA of Hancock County, will be the trainer for this event. Mississippi CASA staff are invited to participate in this TOF as well.
Participants must register by October 28th, 2022.